Many nannies ask for the following:
• Paid Time Off (PTO): (typically 5 – 15 days paid days off, usually consisting of at least 1 week vacation and 4-6 sick days). The dates for vacation time are mutually agreed on by both the family and nanny.
• Health insurance (most families are not able to offer this)
• Gas mileage reimbursement if nanny is required to use her car to transport children to/from activities
• 6 or more Federal holidays paid (New Years, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas always guaranteed).
• Performance and wage reviews (usually every 6 months)
• Reimbursement for job related expenses
• Annual bonuses
On average, a family will offer gas reimbursement, raise reviews every 6 months, 4-6 paid sick days, all the main holidays off and 1 week of paid vacation per year. A family offering health insurance is always a perk! It is always a great idea to ask the family to do a nanny work agreement (otherwise known as a nanny contract) so that you know exactly what benefits you will be getting. Click Here for NannyCare.com’s sample nanny work agreement.
NannyCare.com and the slogan "We put care in finding a nanny" are registered trademarks
NannyCare.com does not employ any caregiver ( nanny, babysitter, newborn specialist, elderly caregiver or housekeeper ) listed on our site and accepts no responsibility for provider's (client, family, user, parent) selection of a caregiver, or for any caregiver's conduct or performance. Provider is ultimately responsible for selecting a caregiver and for complying with all applicable laws that may apply when employing a household employee. Provider is fully responsible for their caregiver selection, checking references, interviewing and screening applicants and interpreting the background check results. NannyCare.com's screening services and background checks are not a substitution for a provider doing their own thorough screening. Caregivers should never be hired on the spot or without being interviewed in-person first. Our site provides an abundance of helpful tools, articles and resources to help families make smart, safe hiring decisions.